PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
195 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
173 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
142 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
135 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
96 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
29 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
29 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
16 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

92%

92%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Now Shipping - Reverb International - A New Magazine Covering Surf and Garage Rock

Page 1 of 1

Focusing on surf and garage rock, Reverb International features new interviews with surf’s Satan’s Pilgrims, Lords of Atlantis, The Creature Preachers, The Babalooneys, garage rock’s The Out-Sect and an in-depth article by Ivan Pongracic (The Madeira/Lords of Atlantis) - Fender Stratocaster: The King of 60s Surf Guitars.

Additionally, Art Bourasseau of MuSick Recordings pens The Art of MuSick with personal commentary and observations. Jonpaul Balak of the Tikiyaki multi-verse and Lords of Atlantis also contributes an insightful article as well. Issue 1 also features an extensive review section. 

To help launch the magazine, we’re also offering discounted bundles with your choice of our first 4 vinyl LP releases along with the magazine.

Bundles

Single Copy Purchase

Awesome! Looking forward to grabbing a copy for me and a friend.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Grab yours today!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

I spent some time with this mag today and I’ve gotta say it’s worth your while. There’s actually nice production values on top of the worthwhile content. I’m also pleased and somewhat shocked this is coming out of my home state, but hell why shouldn’t it? Anyhow, it does you good to get away from computers & phones and actually read on paper. Buy it so they’ll keep making more!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024 16:37:50

Finished reading my copy this morning, really enjoyed it. I especially dug Ivan's article about the Strat and its place in the early surf movement.

--
Project: MAYHEM by Hypersonic Secret now available!

Goldenbirdies wrote:

I spent some time with this mag today and I’ve gotta say it’s worth your while. There’s actually nice production values on top of the worthwhile content. I’m also pleased and somewhat shocked this is coming out of my home state, but hell why shouldn’t it? Anyhow, it does you good to get away from computers & phones and actually read on paper. Buy it so they’ll keep making more!

Something good can come from Indiana! Thanks for the compliments.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024 16:05:31

I made that Indiana crack in jest. There’s definitely nice work being done here in all sorts of fields. Congratulations on the new venture!

Just ordered mine via paypal. Took 30 seconds. Very excited...

Surfcat

The Journey Home - Agent Octopus (Our SG101 Comp Tribute to Noel!!)

From Atlantis with Love - Released - July 2023
Agent Octopus-Spotify
Christmas on the Beach - NEW SINGLE Dec 2023!!
Reverb Galaxy - Angle of Attack CD - BANDCAMP

Surf, the most dangerous of all musical genres...

chiba wrote:

Finished reading my copy this morning, really enjoyed it. I especially dug Ivan's article about the Strat and its place in the early surf movement.

Thanks very much, really nice to hear that! Cheers

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

I got this issue a few days ago, and I honestly think it is a triumph!! It looks AMAZING, full color, and the articles (and reviews) are simply fantastic, professional and interesting.

There is a 5-page article about Lords of Atlantis, our story so far, beautifully written and dead on, very accurate. And Ken asked me to contribute an article on surf music gear, so I wrote a fairly in-depth piece on the dominance of the Strat in the first wave. I expect it to be a bit controversial! Big Razz

So, so many other articles in there that I can't wait to dive into, a lengthy cover feature on Satan's Pilgrims, an interview with The Babalooneys, Art Bourasseau of MuSick Recordings interviewing Frankie Blandino of The Fathoms, an article by Jonpaul Balak on the essential books on surf music, The Creature Preachers feature, etc., etc.

All in all, truly impressive all around! BIG congratulations to Ken, well done, you ought to feel very proud! I'm sure the surf music community will eat it up! Off to an amazing start!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024 06:13:39

Got my copy a few days ago. Fast delivery time. I think this Surf music magazine is fantastic !! Excellent color work, Great print quality on high grade paper. Read it cover to cover. Can't wait for the next issue...

give me 3-fingers of 1st Wave SURF

Page 1 of 1