Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Surf Kings - HB Surf Museum - Photos

Page 1 of 1

It just dawned on me I forgot to post the pics of the Surf Kings who played last week For those that have not seen the Surf Kings, IMHO they are a Madiera - Slacktone calibre band. Great original material, buy the CD!
Check their website at www.thesurfkings.com. The Surf Kings are really REALLY good. I have seen them 3 times & they tore it up each time.

Dual, Dual Showman amps, volume is only at 4

The Surf Kings haven't been plaiyng a whole lot latley, as Rico has had some arm/wrist problems, and Tom has been doing a stage/musical side project. Hope they get back into the swing of things. They seemed to really knock it out of the park the other day.
But I was busy across the street helping Billy from the Detonaotrs try to park his Motor home, and then being told he had to move it.
and Help him back it out of the lot.
Then had to stand in a open parking spot across the street for 20 min. to hold the spot for Tiki Tena and her family. While it was a holiday weeknd and everybody kept stopping and asking if the spot was open.
So I could hear the Surf Kings, but I was a bit off in the distance.
But what I could hear was killer.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yep, the Surf Kings were indeed great! And probably still not at their best. I think Rico really fits well with Tom these days, I didn't feel that way a couple years ago. But, boy, do they ever play together well now!

Too bad things were so chaotic, and Rico had to leave early for another engagement, I would have enjoyed the SKs playing longer. And a new song, not on either CD as I recall, titled "Marijuana"!

Ooops, they're coming to test me as I type...

Rev.

www.revwillis.com
www.willisclow.com
www.slajo.com

Wow, red knob Showmans. Don't see too many of them. Wasn't the red knob line the last point-to-point amps Fender (non-custom-shop) made?

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

RevWillis
Too bad things were so chaotic, and Rico had to leave early for another engagement, I would have enjoyed the SKs playing longer. And a new song, not on either CD as I recall, titled "Marijuana"!

Ooops, they're coming to test me as I type...

Rev.

Rev, I would think you would know this considering your name. Wink
Marijuana is a Rev. Horton Heat song.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1