Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
248 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
248 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
168 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
108 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
69 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink February - A Sweetheart Month for East Coast Surf

Page 1 of 1

Forget the candy and flowers, just give me some reverb and surf this year. Despite the frigid temps on the east coast we will be heating up the region with surf, lots of it. There are almost too many shows to mention, but I will.

We start out on February 2, aka Groundhog Day with a 2-fer! In NYC we have the monthly edition of Unsteady Freddie's Surf-Rock Shindig at Otto's Shrunken Head. Featured bands this month include: The Supertones, El Muchacho, The Coffin Daggers and the Sea Devils. As always, no cover at Otto's, just tons of great surf with your master of ceremonies, Unsteady Freddie (www.catch-the-waves.com) kicking it all off at 10 pm. The very same night, Feb 2, The Aquatudes (myspace.com/theaquatudes) and The Crustaceans will be presenting "Surfin' at The Brook" at Roaring Brook Nature Center (www.roaringbrookconcerts.org). in Canton, CT. This is all ages show and perfect for those of us who are perpetually young at heart. The show is from 7:30 - 10:00 PM and I will be there cheering on my favorite shellfish.

Next week we get ready for Valentines Day on Feb. 9, 2008 with Cupid Rock! At the Zen Bar (zenbarct.com) with yours truly as Emcee. This ultra-lounge venue has welcomed surf with open arms and every show gets better and better. This month I bring you The Clams w/ Clamdiggers (woo-hoo!), the Truckstop Playboys, The Octomen and those kuntry-punks from Brooklyn, The Blind Pharaohs (www.myspace.com/bluestingraye)! As always, a measly $5 gets you the best surf at a damn good price. This show is very special as it is dedicated to John "Pops" Senese, father of Rattlesnake Ralph (The Octomen). Check out the poster and check out the show!

February 22 at 8 pm The Murdercycles will be brushing the snow off their scooters and heading over to Stonewall Tavern to catch a wave, 9th Wave (www.9thwavesurf.com) that is. The Stonewall Tavern (former Schmedleys Pub) is in NESMA's (www.nesmasuf.org) hometown of Storrs, CT on Rte 32, plenty of parking and hot rod surf! The Murdercycles (www.murdercycles.com), for those of you who don't know them are a family oriented social group who happen to ride Harleys and love surf & rockabilly. Ride on out and watch 9th Wave rattle the pipes and rev the reverb on 2/22/08!!

And remember to be at the debut of SURF NITE! At Two Boots Bridgeport, CT on Wed. Jan. 30 with 9th Wave and The Defenders plus an appearance by The CT Roller Girls. There will free raffle which will include ticket giveaways for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the CT Roller Derby ... and other prizes. Every one who walks in the door gets a free ticket (if you're greedy you can get more for a buck a piece). This is a Bobby D. presentation and the first Surf Nite at Two Boots. Come and out and show some love! The Feb. 27 show is also a kickypoo event with at The Clams joined by The Villains. Two Boots can be found at 277 Fairfield Avenue, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604. And the cost…..FREE!! (www.myspace.com /surfnight)

But wait…..there's more…Surf Night closes out the month on Feb., 29 2008 with a killer thriller show! Check it out: 9th Wave, Blue Suede Bombers, Big Fat Combo and The Aquatudes at the Corner Pocket Cafe, 501 Boston Post Rd., Orange, CT, 06477. A $5 fee gets you into a party the likes of which county folk in Orange have never seen or heard before. For more info: myspace.com/surfnight or throw a line out to surfnite@gmail.com .

And if you unfortunately don't live close by or for some strange reason wouldn't want to come to New England in the dead of winter, well, head on down to Texas (all my exes live in Texas…) for a 3 day unsteady blitz of fuzz 'n surf w/ Davie Allan and the Arrows and 3 Balls of Fire! Joining Davie Allan on this tour will be Sam Bolle (bass) and Dusty Watson (drums)!! Party like a big dog with Unsteady Freddie and 'Burnin' Mike Vernon of 3 Balls of Fire, for 4 amazing night of fancy fuzz and fast hands at:

Feb 20 2008 7:00P The Ritz Alamo Draft House Austin, TX
Feb 21 2008 10:00P The Continental Austin, TX
Feb 22 2008 10:00P Sam’s Burger Joint, San Antonio, TX
Feb 23 2008 10:00P The Continental, Houston, TX

Okay, that's it. I'm done. Check out the posters, then leave your house & have some fun for cryin' out loud!

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye
Blue Stingraye Productions

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye

THX 4 INCLUDING MY SURFED OUT ENDEAVORS IN THIS GLORIOUS POST, Blue StingRaye!!!!!!!!!

You are the SULTANA OF THE SHIMMY SHIMMY and I for one am certainly greatful for all you do to get the word out for what's happenin' on the surf scene

I will be heading out to TEXAS for 3 of the 4 nights of the DAVIE ALLAN/3 BALLS OF FIRE tour....should be a blast.....

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

Urban Surf Kings will be playing the Spitfire Arms in Windsor, NS on Fri Feb 1st.

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

So sorry I failed to mention your show in the line up! Do you have a poster and directions? I would be coming from out-of-town Wink

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye

Bob D. - host of Surf Nite! - surfnite@gmail.com

Page 1 of 1