PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
184 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
162 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
131 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
124 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
85 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
18 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
18 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

0%

0%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Original reverb pan for Blackface Fender Reverb Unit?

Page 1 of 1

Besides the modern Accutronics replacement pan, does anyone know where I could get an original (used, NOS, whatever) Gibbs pan for a 60's Blackface era Fender Reverb unit?

they come up on eBay pretty regularly

I've been looking for one of these too. can 't say I check US ebay ALL the time, but I haven't seen one reasonably priced yet. (but I 'm a cheap bastard, true).

the sort of came up in the weber reverbtank thread too. here's my findings, I have (between two reverb tanks) four trays:

2 from 2002 (still copper colored) decent sounding.
1 from '98 .. slightly better sounding, but only if you listen carefully.
1 from 2005 (chrome-colored, came with the Weber kit) .... I've heard bad things about these on the fdp and weber forums, so my expectations were low, but reality 'exceeded' that expectation... it's absolute utmost unbelievabley crap. It sounds like a platedelay built out of empty bean-cans..... actually it sounds just like empty bean cans. maybe it would improve with use, I'd never know cause I 'm not gonna use it. I have a digiverb that sounds better than a tube tank with this tray. that's not an overstatement to make a point, I really mean that.

maybe I 've just got a bad one, I dunno, but I 'm staying away from the new ones all the same. the '98 and the '02 I got of ebay for less than 25 bucks and they are okay. I do want an old one though just to hear the difference.

The Gibbs and Hammond tanks don't have the 4AB etc code of the accutronics, but a letter stamped on teh inside, A B or C, denoting the impedance (I think that's the only variable) ... if I remeber correctly, a tube reverb tank needs a "C" one - you might want to check that though cause I 'm not a 100% sure.

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

dug up this ancient hread - just "lost" on a '66 reverb tray ... it went for 112 euro, which is around $140.

jeez.

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Page 1 of 1