Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Here's a Great Echo Box

Page 1 of 1

<u>www.tvsspecialtyproducts.com</u>

**Visit the site above and play the sound files and watch the video demonstrations on the new Valve TVS range of echo boxes that will replicate the early Vintage Shadows sounds. Also it's great for surf music as The Atlantics will be using it on an album to be recorded sometime in July 2007.
I promise you that the sound is truly fantastic for any music as you can switch from Vintage to Clean at the push of a button.

Spike**

Spike

www.tvsspecialtyproducts.com

Spike

Spike......the Valve TVS boxes are wicked but.......holy cow the price range is scary for a small time surf guy like myself!! Also, nice playing on the demos.

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

**Hi Ron

I realise the price is high but as these are not mass produced. I bought a Meazzi PA306 from Germany for $4000.00 Oz dollars and I wish I hadnt as my partner who is an electronics professor came up with this unit that deosnt have heads or motors or a battery that can wear. It produces the exact sound as my PA306 preamp, but also has the added echoes that have a range of slapback options, and other surf and shadows related patches. So if you look at the long term costs, this unit is really not that expensive.
Thanks again for your interest and I hope one day in the future you may look at one. I am currently liasing with Market Development over here in Perth WA to see if they can give us a subsidy that will bring the costs down. They believe they can help...so fingers crossed for all and sundry.
Best Regards
Spike**

Spike

Hi Spike,

Welcome (to the US) aboard SurfGuitar101. You will find out that it's a cool community. Glad you signed in all the way from Australia.
I watched the videos and they are superb. The sound, the echoes and
Gary's playing with TVS3 echo unit..
Just a suggestion: If you have time, you could add a short video
of you showing the different echoes patterns with different settings by hitting one of the lower string and muting it with your palm.
It will really show the possibilities of the unit.

Best Regards,
Abdel

Spike

You pedal box does an excelent job at The Shadows sound. As a matter of fact I believe the group that made the mp3 demos are spot on with the sound. Are your box'es as clear as they sound on the mp3 files, or do you have somethig else in line on the mp3 demos?

Joel

Hi Abdel & Joel
Abdel: Thanks for the welcome. Sounds like a great idea to do a short demo demonstrating all the different echoes. I'll speak to Gary and see if we can organise something for the site.
I'm not sure how to post a video here. Do I just add a link or are there other ways of doing it on this site?
Joel: When we recorded all those mp3's, we just plugged the guitar to the TVS. From the TVS we went to the amp. From the amp we took a mic. lead back to a small mixer with all EQ settings left as standard. From the mixer we took a line in to the PC. When we do our live video, you will see that there is nothing else in between. Hank Marvin has just released a new CD album called Guitar Man. Hank used our TVS on this album, but chose to use its clean channel and not the Vinatge channel.
So its a very flexible echo box.

Spike

OK....that's it.......i'm getting a divorce and i'm gonna have to let the kids run wild.....but i'm getting one of these....somehow!!
R-R

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

Laughing

Spike

Hi can you tell me how much does the tvs 3 cost and were to buy one.
You say you can down load other sounds
can you get like the ventures sounds or the beach boys
and i like the demos but what kind of amp are they using and what would it sound like with a jazzmaster

Hi Gator

All the details of the TVS can be found on the site, but the TVS3 costs AUD$3750.00. The shipping cost would be about AU$180 plus the full insurance cover. There may also be addition import duty to pay in your country. Its best if you check all the duty and shipping costs before you go any further. Should oyu be happy with all the extra costs, we can accept funds by PayPal, direct transfer or International Bank Draft.
REgarding the sounds its not an effects echo, but it has inbuilt elays/echoes that will replicate early surf sounds from various tape machines like the Binson and Meazzi.
Please contact Professor Paul Rossiter if you need any further technical advice. His contact details are on the site. If you just press the www link next to the pm and profile links, it will take you to our site.

Spike

PS: There is also a foot pedal that comes as an extra for AUD$395 ++

Spike

Page 1 of 1