PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
190 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
168 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
136 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
130 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
91 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
24 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
24 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

52%

52%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink JHS Harmonic Tremolo

Page 1 of 1

Has anyone here tried the JHS Harmonic Tremolo yet?

Thoughts?

I have one and I love it. My only experience with harmonic trems is the model from the Source Audio Vertigo that is also available in the True Spring, which also sounds very natural. I like the simplicity of the JHS, only the controls you need and a switch to go to the blackface bias tremolo. Plus the price is great. I think I got mine used for $75 US.

I personally hated it. Put it up for sale the same day I bought it. I didn't like that it changed my tone and the vibrato does not sound like a brownface amp. I've tried several harmonic trem pedals (Surfy Bear, Mr. Black, JHS, PedalPCB, Swamp Thing, Souce Audio, etc etc) and the only one that came close to the real thing was the Supro Tremolo pedal.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024 00:59:06

How about the UAFX Flow, has anyone tried that? It has a harmonic brownface setting and I hear UAFX stuff is usually pretty nice.

Tried it, sold it. Prefer the harmonic setting on my Supro Tremolo.

--
Project: MAYHEM by Hypersonic Secret now available!

I was searching for harmonic tremolo last year and tried all the available including JHS. There were two winners for me - Supro and Surfytrem. Surely I went with Surfytrem) But use mostly the Bias side)

Waikiki Makaki surf-rock band from Ukraine

New Single is out!

https://waikikimakaki.bandcamp.com/album/rhino-blues-full-contact-surf-single

Waikiki Makaki

https://linktr.ee/waikikimakaki

Lost Diver

https://lostdiver.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/vitaly-yakushin

The Supro is the chewiest IMO but it has a boost, it hisses and it changes the base tone too much. All no nos. It's a preamp after all.

The JHS sounds great in demos and it has a volume knob, very useful. I'd go for this one. Cheap and easy for a live board. In the studio I use another tremolo and a vibe

I'm not really concerned with "brown face" vs. "black face" but of the tremolo pedals I've owned lately, my favorite is the JHS Series 3 Harmonic Tremolo. It sounds great. I've also got the Chorus which is delightful.

Jonathan the Reverbivore

The Reverbivores

Please check out our latest album The Reverbivores Watch TV!

www.thereverbivores.com
Facebook
YouTube

h3dg3h0g wrote:

I'm not really concerned with "brown face" vs. "black face" but of the tremolo pedals I've owned lately, my favorite is the JHS Series 3 Harmonic Tremolo. It sounds great. I've also got the Chorus which is delightful.

Why not? I mean not even out of curiosity? After all, those are what all these pedals are trying to imitate. Anyhow I am happy you found a sound that works for you.

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

h3dg3h0g wrote:

Why not? I mean not even out of curiosity? After all, those are what all these pedals are trying to imitate. Anyhow I am happy you found a sound that works for you.

It's not that I am not curious - I am familiar with the differences in tone - the distinction just doesn't matter to me. I like the sounds I get from my JHS Series 3 Harmonic Tremolo. Cheers

Jonathan the Reverbivore

The Reverbivores

Please check out our latest album The Reverbivores Watch TV!

www.thereverbivores.com
Facebook
YouTube

h3dg3h0g wrote:

DeathTide wrote:

h3dg3h0g wrote:

It's not that I am not curious - I am familiar with the differences in tone - the distinction just doesn't matter to me. I like the sounds I get from my JHS Series 3 Harmonic Tremolo. Cheers

I have a tremolo pedal which has Tweed style bias-varying trem, Brownface style harmonic trem, and optical style Blackface trem. I love all three, but in the real world, the difference doesn’t matter that much to me, either.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Page 1 of 1