Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Glamorous Women & Surf Music

Page 1 of 1

Upcoming gig of ours - this is from Wednesday's Sun-Sentinel society tabloid. Lot's of local press being written as this caters to our area's well-heeled women. (Beats me how we became the party band but it's gonna be fun!) Anybody have a pink strat I can borrow? LOL

The fifth annual "Glam-A-THON" to raise funds for breast cancer research will include "Lipstick Lounge" on Oct. 6, "Tiki Chic-y Poolside After Dark" party on Oct. 14 and the "Glam Doll Strut" on Oct. 15.

Cosmetics, cocktails and confections will collide at "Lipstick Lounge," hosted by the W Fort Lauderdale, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Guests can sip complimentary cocktails, enjoy hors d'oeuvres, smile for the Glam Cam and go home with freebies from sponsors and local beauty services. Beauty gurus will be in attendance showcasing their services. Channel 7 entertainment reporter Shireen Sandoval will host the event featuring the Fashion Lounge presented by Hpnotiq, showcasing lingerie and swimwear from Under Wraps and a trunk show from Nicolas Felizola. There will also be a silent auction and signature swag bags will be given to all guests. Tickets for the night are $40 with proceeds benefiting breast cancer initiatives through Broward Health Foundation. Attendees can add to their experience by booking a Glam Stay at the W Fort Lauderdale for $159 per night.

Then, on Oct. 14, the Hyatt Pier Sixty Six will host the "Tiki Chic-y Poolside After Dark" party. All teams registered for the "Glam Doll Strut" receive complimentary admission to this 3-hour-long catered island party. The party will include complimentary cocktails, island fare, and tunes by the Cutback Surf Band. Guests of any team members can attend for $10. Diva Weekend packages are available for $119 per night, and a percentage will benefit Glam-A-THON.

Glam-A-THON will close out with the "Glam Doll Strut on Oct. 15. at 11 a.m., the glam-bassadors begin registering for the strut—a pageant where the crown goes to the team bringing in the most donations. Due to the growth of Glam-A-THON teams, four overall queens will be crowned this year based on team size. Five new categories have also been added including Pet Divas and Stroller Strut. Channel 7 anchor Lynn Martinez leads the teams.

Glam sponsors include: Publix, W Hotel, Hyatt Pier Sixty Six, Kellogg's, Playtex, Nestle Waters, BB&T, Pepperidge Farm, Fuze, Dunkin' Donuts, Martha White, Harmonie, Cherry Bekaert & Holland, Becker & Poliakoff, Comcast, Sun Sentinel and City & Shore magazine.

For more information visit http://www.Glam-A-THON.com. •

Copyright © 2011, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
fl-societyse-glam-0921-20110921

CUTBACK

I think glamorous women and Surf Music are something we need more of! Just sayin'.

Page 1 of 1